Rebuilding and recovering from the Thomas Fire and the Montecito Mudslide can seem like an insurmountable task. We have tried to accumulate a list of resources for businesses that are picking back up.
Here are some valuable resources for those on the Central Coast:
- WEV’s ‘Quick Response Loans’ – If a business has been impacted by reduced sales or lost inventory due to the Thomas Fire or Mudslides, and could benefit from a cash flow boost of up to $10,000, contact WEV’s Loan Officer, Jaime Marks, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 232-3087 to discuss the process. Their goal is to have a decision within 24 hours of a completed application.
- Small Business Administration Loans – If a business has been impacted by recent natural disasters (including a turndown in business) they are eligible for low-interest, long-term disaster loans. Register online with FEMA at www.disasterassistance.gov by March 15th and then apply to SBA by either a) using SBA’s secure webpage https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela or b) in person at any Disaster Recovery Center (locations below)
- Disaster Recovery Web pages – in English and Spanish including information about SBA’s Disaster Recovery loans.
- SCORE Business Management and Mentoring – Mentors are available to help small businesses with their disaster recovery (no charge for individual and team counseling). Contact Score at www.score.org or the Ventura County chapter at (805) 204-6022 or https://ventura.score.org/
- Small Business Recovery Workshops – Six dates in February in Santa Barbara and Ventura for small businesses to hear from WEV, EDC-VC, and SBA about disaster recovery resources. More information can be found on the above disaster recovery web pages.
Do I Qualify for a Quick Response Loan?
You are eligible to take out a Quick Response Loan if you have had reduced sales or inventory loss due to the Thomas Fire. There is a simple application process and a low 4% interest rate on a loan term of up to 18 months. In order to make the loan as simple as possible, there are interest-only payments for the first three months of the loan and no closing fees.
Where are the Disaster Recovery Center Locations?
Ventura County Credit Union
6026 Telephone Rd
Hours: Mon-Wed 9am-4pm, Thurs-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-1pm
Open until March 15
For more information please call SBA at (800) 659-2955 or email at email@example.com
I am a Community Member How Can I Help?
Support small businesses in recovery and spread this information to those who may need it! If you know of any additional resources comment below.